Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bunches of Birthday Cards!!

I wanted to make a masculine bday card with glitter - if that's even possible and this was the result.  I love DCWV glitter paper!!

Here are some other birthday cards.  I finally figured out the simplest of techniques in order to make a card using black paper.  I was always frustrated because I would have to use white or silver ink to stamp the message and then would have to use a white or silver pen to sign the card.  I finally just took some plain old printer paper, cut it approx. 1/4" smaller than the card and placed it inside the card.  I was able to stamp the sentiment in black ink and sign with a regular pen.  It was definitely a  should-a had a V-8 moment.
 
 

 

 
   
The brown and coral colored card below has some added detail to it. Not only did I use the two-step stamping technique, but the stamped tag at the top is actually stamped on the inside of the card and the see through tag-window is punched on the front of the card.
I made this card for my friend Kim. I totally scraplifted the template from the Fall 2008 SU! catalog. As you can see, the stamp on the inside didn't turn out so great. I usually make a duplicate card to keep for myself and it's a good thing. The one given to her looked much nicer on the inside.
  
This is why I keep a card for myself. I use it as a template and physically have it there for measurements and such. I can then just change the colors, papers, and embellishments for a whole new card!

This is a spinner card. I love spinner cards! My friend Darlene was a SU! demo and she taught us how to do this at one of our SU! club meetings. She always had cool stuff to teach us.
These cards were made with my Cricut and Cuttlebug:
   

No comments:

Post a Comment