Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cricut Oak tree card

This was my first ever Cricut Card.  I made it about 7 months ago or so.  I made it using the Accent Essentials (AE) and Plantin Schoolbook (PS) cartridges. 

Materials needed:
Dark green paper
Light green paper
Light brown paper (for base of card)
Brown paper
Muted yellow paper
Adhesive
Brown ink pad
Green ink pad

From AE: The leaves were made from the 5 scallop circles, the acorns I made using a leaf and a circle.  All shapes were done using the shadow feature.  I cut the trunk of the tree by hand and drew lines on it to make it look real.  I used Stampin' Up! craft ink spots to add depth and texture to the tree.  After inking the scalloped circles, overlap them until you are satisfied with the fullness of top of the tree.  The acorns were created by turning the individual leaves that were cut out upside down.  Cut the circles in half and ink with brown ink.  These are the tops of the acorns.  I cannot remember the sizes I used to cut any of this out.  I never thought I would make it this far so I didn't realize how important those would be...  oops.  I promise to do better next time.  : )

From PS: For the grass, I cut multiple long strips of grass and then cut them to size for the card.  I layered them to add some dimension.  I covered the edges using a VersaMark marker which brings out the color of the paper some more.  After the acorns were made, I put them in between grass blades to make it look more life like.

For the inside of the card, I printed the sentiment on regular computer paper then inked the edges with dark brown ink.  I place it on the inside of the card and then added some grass and acorns on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment